Business Designs is one of the country's leading office furniture suppliers working regularly for household names. We are conscious of the infrastructure in which we operate and adopt a holistic approach to improving the environmental impact of our business.
This includes: Minimising waste and initiating recycling initiatives, considering fuel efficiency when purchasing / hiring vehicles, planning deliveries/ collections better to reduce the amount of journeys, carrying out formal reviews of all environmental issues and implement changes where necessary, considering the environmental impacts on all intended purchases.
1. Whenever we install your furniture we remove all packaging from site and recycle the cardboard element
2. All excess metalwork is taken to a local recycling facility
3. We endeavour to sell “excess” product, cancelled orders on a second hand basis to minimise waste impact
4. We reuse fabric and finish samples wherever possible – please help
us in this regard and return samples to us when no longer required
5. When paying accounts we use reuse envelops using Friends of the Earths recycling labels
6. Wherever possible we supply “FSC” certified furniture
7. We operate an energy conservation policy to ensure that all non-critical equipment is switched off when not needed
8. Low energy electrical equipment will be preferred for purchase
9. We endeavour to perform business electronically, to reduce paper usage
10. We recycle all waste paper, cans and bottles that are consumed at our place of work
All employees are made aware of this policy and their responsibilities for environmental issues.